Cox 50Mb x 10Mb

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Mon Mar 2 11:18:40 MST 2015

Hi,

I am scheduled to upgrade to 50Mb/s down and 10Mb/s up.  I was told
these numbers are the minimum.  I have a business plan and can run a
server which I have done in the past, but not presently.

I asked about latency and was told I should see no difference using the
Cox network virus having the same box in a data center.

I was also told they are responsible for all the coax to the modem.
Whereas for residential service the demarcation is outside your house.
Another thing they told me is if my Internet goes off line due to
infrastructure they will have a tech out the same day versus 2 or 3 days
for residential service.

Any thoughts on latency or any other issues?

Thank you for your insight!!

Keith