OT - sort of

Lyle Tuttle l.tuttle at cox.net
Tue Jun 23 12:00:13 MST 2015

OK, the hard drive on my windows box is getting old, and every now
and then during startup, I hear a short burst of "chattering"......no
such problem on my Linux laptop, but it does not get as much use, either...

I want to replace my aging hard drive with a solid state unit.

Suggestions?  Advice?  Personal experiences to share?

My Dell System was purchased in December 2010 (I but them heavily
loaded, and hope they will still be good for a long time,
hardware-wise.), and runs all day, every day I am home, which is most
of the time....I started it shortly b4 5am today and will shut down
about 10pm....typical day.....I consider it pretty heavy use.

TIA

lyle