OT: Android for Kids

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Sun Jun 21 22:56:37 MST 2015

Howdy,

As I'm sure many of you on this list also have children and several
older android devices, what apps do you install for your kids to play?

I have children from 3 to 14, but I am primarily interested in games for
my 3 year old. I don't have game systems in the house, nor do I own a
television, but as the Phoenix heat kicks into full gear it's difficult
to keep a three year old entertained and productive... and Dr. Seuss
books do an excellent job, but he much prefers Asphalt 8.

What have you found to be good for younger kids?
Free is great, but I'd rather pay a couple dollars for a good game
without in-app purchases, but does that even exist anymore?

My list so far is fairly short:

Angry Birds
Angry Birds Go (racing)
Asphalt 8
Riptide
Bible for Kids (It has a kids game in it)