printf

Snyder, Alexander alex at misteralexander.com
Fri Jul 31 20:38:05 MST 2015

I'm not working on anything specifically now, but the recent thread about
"xargs" vs. "-exec" got me thinking about it, I have seen and used column,
but (at the time) I was trying to create output in a table like
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
| header1 | header2 | header3 |
| value  |  value |  value |

so on and so forth.  I've seen that done, its fancy and I know that kind of
magic is done with printf (among other things) ... have you produced output
like that?

--
Thanks,
--:: Alexander J. Snyder ::--