I don't know if this has come up yet but....

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 04:13:31 MST 2015

well,
take a look at craigslist parent company: Ebay. Fully 35% of their operation is Linux Centric. Mostly, its the 90,000 or so email and backend servers running in virtual machines (like VMware). THey also run windows on some desktops as well as an active directory infrastructure. However, one of their biggest usage bases inside the company  are all of the Macbook pros they use. THere is a tiny sliver of OpenBSD border routers and load balancers as well. BTW, this information comes from a friend that works as a Sr. Systems Admin in the Infrastructure development Dept.

-eric