O/T : Looking for an entry level LAMP developer for contract work.

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jul 28 21:32:15 MST 2015

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 20:30:31 -0700
Sesso <sesso at djsesso.com> wrote:

> "Companies should focus a little less on buzzwords, and a lot more
> on someone's ability/desire to learn, ability to think critically,
> and ablility to solve problems.”
>

> I have a hard time finding candidates with all 3 of the above. I have
> met many that have a strong desire to learn but lack problem solving
> skills. Now for a shared hosting company, this is fine.
> Dedicated/Cloud infra. won’t work out.
>
> jason

What are both of you meaning by "problem solving skills?" What,
exactly, would the work of someone with "problem solving skills" look
like?

How does "problem solving skills" differ from "thinking critically?"

I'm not asking out of idle curiosity, this is actually part of what I
do.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21