Samba Connecting, cannot transfer files

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sun Jul 26 09:18:13 MST 2015

Hi,

I am running Mint 17 KDE.  I've uploaded Virtualbox and created a vm
using CentOS 6.6.  On the CentOS 6.6 VM I installed Samba.

I created a user on the VM and created the same user as a Samba user.
I created a directory off root : /work
smb and nmb are both running.
in the /etc/samba/smb.conf I:
1) set the workgroup - I do not think this is necessary since I am
connection from Linux.
2) commented out all the cups references
3) added the following lines:

   - path = /work
   - writable = yes
   - browseable = yes
   - read only = no

SELinux is disables
IPTables is disabled

I have the exact same config on a laptop running CentOS 6.6 and it works
fine.  Only difference is the laptop mounts and connects to Samba from
the fstab.

To connect to the Samba share on the VM I issue the following command
from my desktop's command line:

sudo mount -t cifs -o user='username' //192.168.20.51/work/ /mnt/centos6
    (command line on my desktop)

It mounts and I can view the /work directory in Dolphin on the the
parent (mint 17 KDE desktop).

I cannot upload files though.

To test I : chmod -R 777 /work   which did not help.

I checked the Samba logs and they contain almost nothing - no errors are
being logged.

I've scoured the internet and am finding no solution.

Tied:

create mask = 0755
create mode = 0660
directory mode = 0770