Buying hardware cheep

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Thu Jul 23 10:50:37 MST 2015

Actually, since you brought this up …

A couple of years ago, I picked up a killer deal on an Asus laptop at Best Buy just as Windows 8 was being released.

Seems retailers all over were flushing out stock of everything that had Windows 7 installed.

So this might simply be an indicator that they’re doing the same thing right now, as Windows 10 is due to ship the 29th — next Wednesday.

If it works the same as last time, they don’t want retailers to have ANY machines out for sale that don’t have Windows 10 installed already.

So keep your eyes out for deals all over the place for the next week, especailly this weekend.

The laptop I got was a refurbished item that I think cost me $189. The full retail price on them was around $400.

-David "The Tool Wiz" Schwartz