O/T : Looking for an entry level LAMP developer for contract work.

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Wed Jul 22 21:50:42 MST 2015

I would not sign a non-compete that said I could not be a LAMP dev.  We
sign that we will not compete with the company's core functionality and
that we will not share anything we learn from the company as far as
products and services go.  We are free to work within our chosen
speciality.

On 2015-07-22 20:42, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 13:50:48 -0700
> Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:
>

>> I do not care what their age.  Must me 18 or over so they can sign
>> the non-compete and their own contract if they have one.
>
> Just an FYI --- the only way I'd ever sign a non-compete is a *huge*
> salary with a golden parachute to make up for the time I can't work in
> my field, plus the time it takes to catch up afterward.
>
> Non-competes aren't even legal in California unless the person signing
> it is the current owner selling the business.
>
> I had a buddy who signed a non-compete in Florida, and he could not
> work in Linux for six months. Unless extremely narrow, they're very bad
> news.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21

Keith Smith