Crontab logs

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Wed Jul 22 10:18:13 MST 2015

On 2015-07-21 19:45, Keith Smith wrote:
> I'm not following.  What are you saying?

When a cron job runs, the default behavior of the cron daemon is to
take that cron job's stdout and stderr and mail those things to the user
who ran the job.  This is why many regular cron jobs have "> /dev/null"
in their crontab after they've been debugged.  If you want the output of
cron jobs to be written to syslog, on CentOS 6, you'd modify
/etc/sysconfig/crond and add -s to the CRONDARGS variable and restart
crond.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity