Crontab logs

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Mon Jul 20 15:39:42 MST 2015

Are you certain Cent6.6 has cron enabled?  Many modern systems don't any
more since cron is going away once you transition to SystemD.  In SystemD,
whether a process starts and stays running, runs once and quits, or runs
periodically, you simply create a unit file, and optionally a timer.  So...
don't just assume cron is running, it may no longer be started by default.
CentOS7 will use SystemD.

Kevin