cox vs centurylink

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jul 17 12:00:00 MST 2015

Am 17. Jul, 2015 schwätzte Stephen Partington so:

> Yes, in my days of dialup i had 2 lines. one with the features we wanted,
> (caller ID, long distance etc) and one line that was stripped bare for just
> dialup access. The dialup line kept getting features added to it every time
> i would call for "support" or to pay my bill.

Ah, yeah, that would be annoying.

I also had two lines. I listed the dialup line as the primary, as unlisted
was no cost for the second line.

I have since met the sysadmin who reset my connection Sunday mornings at
dawn.

> That left a pretty lasting impression.

Yeah, having to keep calling about a couple bucks here and a couple bucks
there :(.

I didn't have too many problems, but had to have voice mail turned off on
the dial up line a few times.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "Luckily, this is a comic book, for which no idea is too complex."