cox vs centurylink

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jul 17 00:17:22 MST 2015

moin moin,

it would be a pay-per-view grudge match :).

Anyway, time to reconsider ISPs. Those are the two wired options
available. No charter in my neighborhood and I have been told by many,
many people to be thankful of that.

Anyway, my requirements are to have all ports open, static IPs and decent
upstream bandwidth.

Cox residential is out because they block ports 25 and 80.

Cox business allows all ports, offers static IPs and has decent bandwidth
in both directions.

CenturyLink wants to hide all the information about its services. I did
finally find some information including further contradictory information,
so I'm confused about what they offer. I have little confidence in their
sales support knowing.

CenturyLink partners with m$ for services I don't care about ( hosted mail
and web ).

It looks like CenturyLink is prepping to compete with Google fiber, but
not holding my breath for that service or the competitive response from
the incumbants.

Then again, CenturyLink's site is dedicated to bundling with little
information for what you actually get in the bundles.

Any feedback on experience with Qwest/CenturyLink?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  The Internet is the front line of the battle