nexus 6 broken screen

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Jul 16 22:03:27 MST 2015

Am 16. Jul, 2015 schwätzte Joseph Sinclair so:

moin moin,

> If you connect to a linux machine, you should be able to see the filesystem as a USB device mount.
> If you load Android Studio (or the Android SDK) you may also have ADB access (If you turned that on in settings at some point) which would allow a full system image backup.

Yeah, I've been getting logs and backups of all the phones and tablets.

> If you encrypted the filesystem (default) don't shut it down until you've done that, as otherwise it's much harder to do anything to backup the device.

I was doing a USB backup, but was having problems. Turned out to be a bad
cable, but not until after I'd forgotten about the boot lock and tried
rebooting :(.

I will try the following and hope it works when I can't see the results.
Danke.

ciao,

der.hans

> If you just want to do a reset, the following are the official instructions for the Nexus 6 (note this may take an hour or so, and you should have a charging cord available):
> 1. If your phone is on, turn it off.
> 2. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the phone turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
> 3. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery mode."
> 4. Press the Power button to start recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
> 5. While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button once.
> 6. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.
> 7. Press the Volume Down button seven times to highlight "Yes - erase all user data," then press the Power button to select it.
> 8. After the reset is complete, press the Power button to select the option to reboot your device.
>

> On 07/16/2015 02:00 PM, Stephen Partington wrote:
>> If you encrypted the device. Not likely. If you have no encryption you can
>> unlock and flash a bootloader and the push a backup and gain  access via
>> usb/add and pull your backup.
>>
>> That's the best i can think of.
>> On Jul 16, 2015 1:55 PM, "der.hans" <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>>
>>> moin moin,
>>>
>>> broke the touchscreen on a nexus 6 and the screen went out as well :(.
>>>
>>> I have a pattern lock on booting, but can't input the pattern or see if
>>> the phone has been unlocked. Certain it hasn't, but would like to get it
>>> unlocked and booted.
>>>
>>> The nexus 6 doesn't have mhl. It does have slimport, but you have to root
>>> the phone to enable slimport.
>>>
>>> Aside from ripping it apart and hooking up a new screen, anyone have some
>>> ideaѕ on how to get it to boot?
>>>
>>> I want to get final backups and wipe it before returning it.
>>>
>>> Is there a super-secret button combo to get a reset?
>>>
>>> ciao,
>>>
>>> der.hans
>>> --
>>> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
>>> #  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,
>>> #  keine Ahnung und keinen (.)plan. -- die Toten Hosen

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "Rock 'n' roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance
#  all over them." -- Pete Townsend