nexus 6 broken screen

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Jul 16 15:35:18 MST 2015

Am 16. Jul, 2015 schwätzte Stephen Partington so:

moin moin,

it's encrypted :).

At least OEM will have to work hard to get my data. Well, unless they have
a back door from the NSA...

ciao,

der.hans

> If you encrypted the device. Not likely. If you have no encryption you can
> unlock and flash a bootloader and the push a backup and gain  access via
> usb/add and pull your backup.
>
> That's the best i can think of.
> On Jul 16, 2015 1:55 PM, "der.hans" <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> broke the touchscreen on a nexus 6 and the screen went out as well :(.
>>
>> I have a pattern lock on booting, but can't input the pattern or see if
>> the phone has been unlocked. Certain it hasn't, but would like to get it
>> unlocked and booted.
>>
>> The nexus 6 doesn't have mhl. It does have slimport, but you have to root
>> the phone to enable slimport.
>>
>> Aside from ripping it apart and hooking up a new screen, anyone have some
>> ideaѕ on how to get it to boot?
>>
>> I want to get final backups and wipe it before returning it.
>>
>> Is there a super-secret button combo to get a reset?
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>> --
>> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
>> #  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,
>> #  keine Ahnung und keinen (.)plan. -- die Toten Hosen

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to
#  see it tried on him personally. -- Abraham Lincoln