mac osX

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 20:39:20 MST 2015

because even though apple uses a UNIX environment, they aren't using a UNIX kernel. They refer to it as Darwin. ALso, if you are going to run linux or other unix like utilities in OS X, you will need to compile them after patching the sources to make them BSD compliant. I have a number of linux and unix utilities I run here on my OS X box, and I had to patch every one of them in order to get them to compile. SOme were easy (already came with the patches), and others I had to figure out what needed changing in order to compile without breaking. SInce I am not a coder, that takes me a lot longer than someone who is familiar with c++.

anyway, if you want to continue running linux, you can do so via one of the 3 main virtual machine packages.

btw, I have one added issue with code, I have to remember what the last 20 lines were as I can't see a screen (blindness sucks that way). However, that does keep my brain sharp. Not too bad for a 50 year old, eh?

-eric
guild: Technomage.