Suggested software for a light media box

Office mariovenzetti at cox.net
Sat Jul 11 11:58:04 MST 2015

I'm using mythbuntu 14.04. This way its easier to get a mythtv backend set up
(I have my Satellite tv run through it for a free DVR/PVR). It's also great
for an antenna set up if you've "cut the cable". For a frontend I use
kodi/xbmc  because of its simplicity and endless plugins. In this one program
I can connect to my backend for tv and recordings, set up the Chrome Launcher
plugin for Youtube, Netflix and any other website I want to launch for videos
etc. A lot of video websites have their own dedicated plugin as well to make
things more seamless.
~Andrew C.