MEETING: PLUG This Thurs (7/9)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jul 10 14:40:45 MST 2015

Am 10. Jul, 2015 schwätzte Keith Smith so:

moin moin Keith,

> I really enjoyed the meeting last night. My apologies for having to leave
> after Aaron's presentation.  Was very interesting to see what can be done
> with VIM.  Wish I could have stayed to watch Phil's presentation.

Thanks for coming out. Glad you enyoyed Aaron's presentation.

Phil's presentations should end up on YouTube at some point. Brian does a
lot of excellent post-production work for us and posts the videos as he
finisheѕ the work.

ciao,

der.hans

> On 2015-07-08 11:28, PLUG Announcements wrote:
>> This month we will have 3 presentations.
>>
>> Aaron Jones will give a presentation on VIM
>>
>> The bare bones bottom of the barrel basics of VIM. People who reset
>> their computer because
>> they accidently opened VIM and don’t know how to get out of it will
>> enjoy this. We will discuss
>> the three modes, how to insert, edit, and save data. I will also
>> demonstrate what a .vimrc file can
>> be used for when customizing VIM.
>>
>> I am a VIM user who currently uses VIM for all aspects of both my job
>> as well as my personal
>> life. I really love VIM and it currently doubles as my coding
>> environment as well as my Word
>> Processor.
>>
>> Phil Waclawski will give us 2 presentations:
>> The basics of Subsurface (He'll even demonstrate unloading his dives
>> from his dive computer), some of the more advanced features as well.
>>
>> Color correction and other basic photo editing using Gimp, focusing on
>> SCUBA photos that have a bad blue "washout" effect.
>>
>> Phil Waclawski is a Computer Information Systems Faculty at Mesa
>> Community College. He teaches large portions of the LAMP stack (Linux
>> OS, Internet Server Set up (apache, nginx etc), MySQL, PHP,
>> Javascript) and hopes to have a Python and Blender 3D class in the
>> coming year. He plays World of Warcraft on Wine, and has real world
>> hobbies of black smithing, metal work, leather work, archery and SCUBA
>> to name a few.
>>
>> The meeting will start at 7pm at The Desert Breeze Substation.  People
>> start arriving as early as 6pm, so if you would like to chat for a
>> while, arrive a little early.
>>
>> Desert Breeze Substation
>> 251 North Desert Breeze Blvd
>> Chandler, AZ 85226
>>
>> The Desert Breeze Substation is on Chandler Blvd and Desert Breeze
>> Blvd, which is half way between McClintock and Rural.  It is very
>> close
>> to both the south 202 and 101 freeways.  Public transportation is
>> available into the late hours.
>>
>> See http://phxlinux.org/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting.html for a map
>> and other info.
>>
>> See you there,
>> Brian Cluff

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to
#  see it tried on him personally. -- Abraham Lincoln