LAMP cart all of a sudden became slow

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Thu Jul 9 17:45:43 MST 2015

It was an external server that was not returning data. I do not have
strong Linux admin skills (troubleshooting) so I was having difficulty
trying to determine if it was hardware or software. I thought it was
MySql.  I restarted Apache and MySql immediately, which did not solve
the problem.

I think I need to write a simple survival guide for LAMP developers
explaining how to determine MySql / MariaDB and Apache are working
correctly.  I probably could have known it was not MySql or Apache in 10
minuted with a cheat-sheet.  Then I could have focused on software.

On 2015-07-09 17:15, Michael Havens wrote:
> what was the solution?
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Keith Smith
> <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:
>
>> Problem fixed.
>>
>> On 2015-07-09 14:37, Keith Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a LAMP shopping cart that all of a sudden became very
>>> slow.
>>> The system admin says it is software.  Very little CPU usage and
>>> mtop
>>> shows one line :  295      mysqltop localhost
>>>   Query                show full processlist.
>>>
>>> I can run queries from within phpMyAdmin and they are fast.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions how I might figure this out?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Keith
>>
>> --
>> Keith Smith