I just read this today.

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Wed Jul 8 08:37:21 MST 2015

Oh great!

Is there nothing this company won't screw up?  This is Upstart and Unity
all over again.

This exists, and works.  It works awesomely well as a matter of fact.  And
follows the industry standards for containers.  The standard is called
appc.  Both Docker and Rocket already support this.  But Snappy appears
from all the appearance does not.

So, it looks like Mark Shuttleworth is doing it again.  I used to love
Ubuntu, but know I think they are doing more damage than good.

They got pissy about SysV.  They were right, it was great in its day, but
was time for retirement.  But rather than work with standards boards, they
just pushed through Upstart.  Failure, market segmentation, and
incompatibilities...

They got pissy about Gnome3.  And in the beginning they were right.  But
rather than working through Gnome to fix the problem, here comes Unity.
More market failure,  segmentation, and incompatibilities...

Now LXC containers!  Nobody has done more to secure Linux's inability to
make headway against Windows and Mac on the desktop than Ubuntu.  It's as
if he is on Microsoft's payroll with the sole job of sabotaging Linux.

You want to see this done right?  Look at CoreOS and Rancher.  Want to
really kick this up higher?  Look at Kubenetes from Google.

These are people that work together.  To show the difference in Ubuntu vs
the right way...

CoreOS used Docker containers exclusively.  They had an issue with some of
the changes.  They started work on Rocket.  But when they did, they also
worked on a spec towards a standard.  This cut off Docker's unilateral
moves, and moved everything to an industry standard... thus the appc spec.
Both Rocker and Docker moved to the spec, and 3rd parties are now able to
develop against a  common standard.  Ubuntu is now rather than working
within that structure, is installing more segmentation, and
incompatibilities, and most likely, more failure.

Ugggghhhh!!!

Kevin