Self signed cert for multiple websites

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sat Jul 4 09:41:18 MST 2015

On 2015-07-04 08:53, Stephen Partington wrote:
> https://blog.celogeek.com/201209/209/how-to-create-a-self-signed-wildcard-certificate/
> [2]

After reading a bit about this I assume I use the host name which is
something like servername.domain.local.

When asked "Common Name (eg, your name or your server's hostname) []:" I
enter *.domain.local. (hostname)

Which will create a server wide wild card cert that will work with
MyTestSite.local, MyOtherSite.local ... etc.  Do I understand correctly?
  And should work with sub-domains as well such as shop.MyTestSite.local,
shop.MyOtherSite.local... etc.

One cert for all.

Thanks again for all your help!!

Keith