Server Performance Comparison

Sesso sesso at djsesso.com
Sat Jan 24 22:11:51 MST 2015

Nathan,

I havent noticed a performance difference between centos or ubuntu. However, our DC is mostly CentOS. VPS performance and dedicated server differences can vary depending on hardware and how the hypervisor/clusters are built. if a VPS is over provisioned, it can become a turd. Any VPS that I have used personally has always been out performed by a dedicated server. On the other hand, if you have a Dell 2950, it will get blown away by a VPS lol.

Jason