How to create a panel icon for a hidden wine app?

Anthony Radzykewycz anthony.radzykewycz at gatewaycc.edu
Wed Jan 21 11:01:54 MST 2015

Finally!! I think I can help on this one. :-P. I've just been lurking
around here, but let me know if this helps you out. I have a few YouTube
videos about wine and setting up desktop shortcuts for the gnome 3
environment. The links are here:

How to Create Desktop Shortcuts in the gnome 3 Environment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQleM0DrLvQ
How to Install Wine on CentOS 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40BH9W5ToVI

Now, here's the difference of the desktop shortcut. In the Exec line type
"Exec=wine /specify/the/directory/of/the/windows/application"
Other than that, everything works the same. The real differences are that I
didn't need to specify the directory for my wine executable, but I did for
the application. I tested this with putty. Sorry it took me so long to say
anything. I just wanted to make sure that my solution was valid. Let me
know if it helps. :-).
Anthony Radzykewycz