Windows 7 dual boot with Linux

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Fri Jan 16 17:49:58 MST 2015

remember the installfest is tomorrow 10am-4pm
Sat, January 17, 10am – 4pm
WhereUniversity of Advancing Technology: 2625 W Baseline,Tempe, AZ 85283
(between 48th and Fry's) (map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=University%20of%20Advancing%20Technology%3A%202625%20W%20Baseline%2CTempe%2C%20AZ%2085283%20%28between%2048th%20and%20Fry%27s%29>
)
if you plan to dual boot grub2 will overwrite the MBR anyway and will you
will then be able to access both windows and linux assuming it is not UEFI
and assuming the windows OS is still ok. If not we have done windows
installs after a Linux install and then reinstalled grub 2 just a extra
step. Here is a basic guide to do that that wmack wrote
http://www.azloco.org/node/179 or you can use a grub restore disk. Both
will or should find any boot-able os
even a windows restore partition. I hope to see you tomorrow Todd

Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
4605 S PRIEST DR LOT 3
TEMPE AZ  85282-6507