OT- Can anyone help me to find a job?

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Tue Jan 13 12:37:44 MST 2015

The Hedgehog concept consists of 3 circles.  When applying to a person
the three questions are:

1) What are you deeply passionate about?
2) What were genetically encoded to do?
3) What drives your economic engine?

Each one of use are genetically encoded with talents and skills.  We
were created with the ability excel in one area.  What can you do very
well - what are you a natural at?

What are you passionate about - of all the things you could do what
excites you the most.

Given your answer to 1 and 2 can you make money doing so?

Where you genetically encoded to be a system administrator?

Are you extremely passionate about being a system's administrator?

Can you create a revenue stream doing so?

On 2015-01-12 17:31, Michael Havens wrote:
> I'm not sure about my hedgehog but after listening to some of those
> recordings and watchin all the videos on the webpage you forwarded to
> me I would say that I enjoy teaching people what I know; whether it be
> about Linux or anything else in my mind. But I need to know much more
> to make any money at it. I enjoy working with computers but I got
> stupid in college and decided to study machining. I wanted to work
> programming computer controlled machines. However, I can't do that
> because the head injury screwed up my hand-eye coordination and I
> needed to work as an entry-level machinist and work my way up to the
> programming. A machinist needs good hand-eye coordination. Then got a
> job as a cable tech and I am good at installing cable outlets and
> phone jacks and ethernet outlets. And people do pay me for that but I
> can't do it for a company because the head injury prevents me from
> working quickly in that field. With that kind of job the more you do
> the more you make (piece rate). After I got fired from my last cable
> job I was working on the side with one of the techs helping him out
> and he couldn't believe how good I was with the customers we were
> working for. I love working with the public. Maybe I could do
> something like customer service or relations from my phone.
>
> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Keith Smith
> <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:
>
>> I would start by determining what your personal hedgehog is
>> http://www.jimcollins.com/media_topics/hedgehog-concept.html [1]
>>
>> This is used for business or personal.
>>
>> We were created with a purpose.  That means we are good at
>> somethings and not so good at somethings.  If you can answer the 3
>> questions that make up the hedgehog concept you will be well on the
>> road to knowing what you should do.
>>
>> On 2015-01-12 15:49, Michael Havens wrote:
>>
>> This isn't needed right away so if someone would be willing to
>> train
>> me I could do that. I am smart (though my Linux from Scratch
>> adventures may seem to indicate otherwise) I just need to be
>> trained.
>> I am a good lil' monkey!
>>
>> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> My children are in Lima, Peru (South America). I need a job that
>> can
>> travel so I can make money while I visit them and so I don't have
>> look for a new job when I move to Florida (it costs $500 to fly
>> from
>> Florida to Peru  as opposed tho $800 from Phoenix to Peru <if I'm
>> lucky>).  My skills are very limited. I had a head injury in '84
>> and, as a result, am now on disability. Being on SSDI means I can
>> not make more than $1089 so, as you can see, I don't need to make
>> much. Can anyone ask me what I need to say to provide needed
>> information?

> [...]

Keith Smith