Windows 7 dual boot with Linux

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 19:28:50 MST 2015

What you can try is creating an empty partition on the new drive so there
is empty space equal to windows. Then use something like clonezilla to
clone the windows install to the empty space. The delete the temp partition
and install Linux in that empty space. Depending on what is missing the
grub installation can find and link the windows install and get you booting
windows and Linux.