vlc

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:21:42 MST 2015

vlc is playing audio just fine but the video plays a little, stops, jumps
ahead a few frames to  catch up with the audio then plays a little more,
then repeats.

To get the errors I ran vlc from the terminal:

bmike1 at c521 ~/Pictures/2013/Peru2013 $ vlc 00004.MTS
VLC media player 2.1.4 Rincewind (revision 2.1.4-0-g2a072be)
[0x1971118] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc'
to use vlc without interface.
"sni-qt/6719" WARN  18:17:00.958 void
StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
[0x7fbf14001248] main vout display error: Failed to resize display
[h264 @ 0x7fbf2cc97000] illegal short term buffer state detected
bmike1 at c521 ~/Pictures/2013/Peru2013 $

and I noticed the third line so I ran that as well.

bmike1 at c521 ~/Pictures/2013/Peru2013 $ vlc 00004.MTS
VLC media player 2.1.4 Rincewind (revision 2.1.4-0-g2a072be)
[0x165b118] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc'
to use vlc without interface.
"sni-qt/6649" WARN  18:09:38.641 void
StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
[0x7f1fc8001248] main vout display error: Failed to resize display
[h264 @ 0x7f1fdcc96e20] illegal short term buffer state detected
bmike1 at c521 ~/Pictures/2013/Peru2013 $ cvlc 00004.MTS
VLC media player 2.1.4 Rincewind (revision 2.1.4-0-g2a072be)
[0x2398e18] dummy interface: using the dummy interface module...
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
[0x7fdb880020e8] main vout display error: Failed to resize display
[h264 @ 0x7fdb78c97fc0] illegal short term buffer state detected
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
Fontconfig warning: FcPattern object size does not accept value "0"
[0x7fdb78c844b8] main vout display error: Failed to resize display
[h264 @ 0x7fdb88c28120] illegal short term buffer state detected
[0x7fdb88c277e8] avcodec decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video
-> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)
[h264 @ 0x7fdb88c28120] reference picture missing during reorder
[h264 @ 0x7fdb88c28120] Missing reference picture
[h264 @ 0x7fdb88c28120] reference picture missing during reorder
[h264 @ 0x7fdb88c28120] Missing reference picture
[h264 @ 0x7fdb88c28120] reference picture missing during reorder
[h264 @ 0x7fdb88c28120] Missing reference picture

and I see the eighth frame from the bottom. It seems my computer is too
slow?