OT Cable Modem Woes

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Feb 25 13:44:48 MST 2015

A short recap on the problem....

I signed up for the Cox home cable plant support option - $7/month. Cox
came out yesterday and the technician said the signal as too strong, and he
removed an amplifier from the circuit and now the modem is not dropping the
signal. The new signal strength is 2-3 dBmV. My average ping time to
google.com also dropped by 2 ms! He did not change any cables. He did
replace some old splitters in the attic for the TVs, and the signal
strength there improved, too.

So, for once, Cox came through.....I think!

Thanks for all the advice!

Mark