How to hide desktop folder icons? solved.

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Feb 19 20:18:14 MST 2015

Turns out, the problem was that the update installed "Folder" under
desktop settings (hidden within that annoying cashew drop-down) and is
apparently not accessible in System settings.  Why?

At least I got rid of all those annoying folders on the desktop.

But a further problem is that there is no "Desktop icon" and no therefore
"Preferences" option under System settings. Again, why?

It is so blasted frustrating when Distros keep changing (and making more
cluttered and confusing) the way things work without giving users the
ability to refuse forced changes that are unwanted and just mess things
up.

Dang!

Harold/Koder wrote (in part)