reboot

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Mon Feb 9 20:17:01 MST 2015

On 2015-02-09 08:50, Todd Millecam wrote:
> You have to go through the kernel-> PID 1 (systemd or initd) -> and
> run level again if you update your kernel, because everything after
> the kernel relies on it [...] The way you do it is through a program
> called kexec, usually found in the kexec-tools package.

Argh.  How did I miss seeing this thing?  I've been dealing with
userspace annoyances for far too long.  It's too bad that I updated my
desktop's kernel to the latest vanilla over the weekend.  The next time
I build a kernel, I'll try switching it out with kexec and seeing what
sort of trouble I can get into.  (OK, it'll probably work just fine, but
I'm better than most people at finding weird bugs and bizarre problems
totally by accident....)

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity