Has anyone played Bandit (overthewire.org)?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sat Feb 7 08:16:40 MST 2015

Mike,

I have only played the first ten or so levels, so I don't know the whole
game. The objective at each level is to find the password to login to the
next level. The hints are for Linux commands that you use to find the file
that has the password so you can login at the next level.

The basic game play is to login using ssh with a password. Then use man
pages to read about the commands that are the hints. Use these commands to
find the file that has the password for the next level. There are several
commands because there is usually more than one way to solve a problem in
Linux. As the game progresses, you will have to concatenate several
commands to decode the password from one of the files you find when you
login. Once you find the password, copy it, logout, and ssh to the next
level with the new password.

Hope that helps!

Mark