bandit13

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:32:53 MST 2015

I was wondering.... I was playing bandit and on level 13 they say some
suggested reading is https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH/OpenSSH/Keys . I
was reasing that page and followed a link to
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH/OpenSSH/Configuring#Logging because I
always wondered how I could see how many log in attempts were made to my
computer (not that I think anyone will crack my password which is greater
than ten characters. Wait a second.... I do not think I ever set an ssh
password. ...
guys, my websearch has proven to be fruitless. what do you suggest I do?

in any case, I was looking at the settings for openssh.config (or whatever
the file is called) and happened upon:

     Rate-limit the connections

which happens to use ufw:

sudo ufw limit ssh

I was wondering if that command would turn it on permanently? After I
entered the command it responded with something like 'new rule added' so I
am assuming (I am not an ass!) that is so.

I was wondering what should be changed?
I am making loglevel Verbose