CentOS Networking with V Box

Michael Torres matorres124 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:58:53 MST 2015

Well, no,  I didnt issue any commands other than
/path/to/network/script/network start /path/to/network/script/network stop
and the commands to disable firewall/SELINUX

I know I didnt use any systemctrl commands., but I tried to run the
commands that you just provided and nothing happened.  I should probably
say that I know that IPv6 is enalbed and have network connection to the net
work and I can ping yahoo.com etc.....  I just cant SSH(putty) to the
server.

This all leads me to beleive that there is a configuration in my router
that is not allowing me to get a IPv4 address. Does the default gateway
have to be a certain number?  I have manually configured that IP on my
router a long  time ago, but even then I had Bridged networking working
correctly.

Mike