How to increase the window edge/corner grabber size?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Dec 30 23:12:52 MST 2015

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 22:45:43 -0700
sean <sean.a.ritzler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2015 10:41 PM, "Michael Butash" <michael at butash.net> wrote:
>
> > This is a persistent frustration of mine, trying to resize a window
> > takes some skill and simply infuriates me at times.  Sadly I
> > couldn't find an equivalent in kde4, I saw this post and thought to
> > go looking again... Looked around Window Behavior, Workspace
> > Behavior, and a several others - did you find it?
> >
> > As my arse gets older, grabbing those damn 1x1px borders to resize
> > is becoming tedious in kde4.  Who the hell thought that was a good
> > idea.
> >
> > -mb

> A pretty common window manager shortcut seems to be alt+right click to
> resize (along with alt+left to move). I seem to remember this being
> the default with kwin, flux/openbox, fvwm etc.

I just tried alt+rightclick, and it's everything I would hope for. Just
put the mousepointer near the corner you would have "grabbed", press
alt and the right mouse button, and drag to resize. Perfect. Thanks!

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist