How to increase the window edge/corner grabber size?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Dec 30 16:44:24 MST 2015

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:18:30 -0700
joe at actionline.com wrote:

> I've searched the 'net (and system settings) but have not
> been able to find where to adjust/increase the size of the
> edge/corner grabber.
>
> Often when I try to resize a window, it is difficult to get
> the mouse pointer positioned on a corner or edge of the
> window to do so.
>
> Where is there an adjustment (I hope there is one) for this?

I have this problem all the time. Some window managers have a bigger
grab corner than others. My daily driver Openbox gives no corner
grabber on top: You need to hope you don't click the X to close it. It
has tiny, tiny grabbers on the bottom, but difficult.

Most window managers have a "resize" functionality. Put the mouse
pointer in the window, somewhat near the bottom right corner. Press
Alt+Space then z, it goes into resize mode, and you can quickly resize
it as desired with your mouse. If you perform this action often, you
could set up a hotkey for resize mode.

It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly, IceWM has a big
corner grabber.

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist