mouse control is upside down

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Dec 25 12:44:37 MST 2015

On Fri, 25 Dec 2015 13:23:23 -0500
Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Oh yeah.... I told my dad about this and he responded that he just
> uses rubbing alcohol.

When addressing possible electronic contact corrosion, I stay away from
rubbing alcohol for the following reasons:

1) Rubbing alcohol contains water, and it's not easy to tell how much.
   Water and electronics make a poor pair.

2) Although rubbing alcohol might get rid of existing corrosion, it has
   no lasting lubricative functionality to prevent future fretting
   corrosion. Read
   http://www.te.com/documentation/whitepapers/pdf/p154-74.pdf or take
   my word for it: To prevent future occurrences of electronic contact
   corrosion, it's not sufficient to clean: You must also lubricate.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist