what gives a clear scan with Linux?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Tue Dec 22 15:12:38 MST 2015

Did you log out and back in.  Your desktop session won't honor the new
group unless you have logged out and back in.  The various programs will
all tell you that you are in the group, but when you log in the groups
you are in that get passed on to running programs are read in and they
don't get read in again until the next time you log in.

Brian Cluff