fw: interesting data-science job @ ASU CSDC

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Thu Dec 10 20:23:27 MST 2015

Reply to Adam Farni <adam.farni at asu.edu> . Note that

* CSDC is part of "CoMSES Net": https://shesc.asu.edu/research/projects/research-network-computational-modeling-social-and-ecological-sciences-comses-net

* the job ad (scraped below) says close date=20 Nov 2015, but a post that went out today says it's been extended to 20 Dec "and applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis until we have enough qualified candidates."

* the job ad doesn't *say* anything about Linux, but given that it's web work wanting Python and R (and no proprietary anything I can see), I'd bet money that you would (be using Linux), esp since that's by far the dominant scientific-computing platform these days (most other *x having died off in this space).

https://www.openabm.org/files/forums/4785/Center_for_Social_Dynamics_and_Complexity_-AD.PDF