Price Point

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Sat Dec 5 11:31:13 MST 2015

You don’t mention the CPU speed, but I’ve seen brand new Windoze laptops with 2.4GHz i5 CPUs, 8GB of ram, and 250GB drives for $300.

I’d say you’d be lucky to get $200 for it, mostly because it’s off-brand. A Dell or Lenovo with the exact same configuration would probably fetch an additional $100; HP, ASUS, or simllar might get $50 more.

Search around on eBay and see what you can find. But the CPU speed is going to be one of the gating items, as well as the video GPU specs. Those are the main things besides RAM and disk size.

-David