Monitor

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 15:35:14 MST 2015

i got a monitor. It is not wide screen. Linux would automagically set the
proper resolution. I have windows7 on another drive in this computer. I
boot into it because I was wondering why GRUB says it is on sda1 and sda2
and I was wondering what sda2 would look like. So I boot into it and all
looked normal so I restart the machine and boot into linux. Well, somehow
the computer thought I had a wide screen so part of the display was
off-screen. I did everything I could think of to fix the resolution! I was
then writing a note asking for your assistance when that little voice
inside my head said..... don't ask until you try a reboot. So I reboot and
everything reverted to normal. So all of you PLUGers, if you run into a
similar situation try to reboot before anything. That used to be called
'the microsoft way of fixing things' but it looks like it is now Linux's as
well.

--