procmail question

Matt Birkholz matt at birchwood-abbey.net
Fri Aug 28 13:49:31 MST 2015

> From: Sean Roe <sean152 at gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:34:11 -0700
>
> Hi All,
>
> Im trying to dig up some ancient procmail knowledge and I cant seem
> to find it.  All I want to do is take a email look at the subject
> line extract out a variable and use that variable to send the email
> to an file based on that name to be processed later;

Did you see the example in the procmailex manpage that uses \/ and
MATCH?  Its description:

    Now follows an example for a very simple fileserver accessible by
    mail.  For more demanding applications, I suggest you take a look
    at SmartList (available from the same place as the procmail
    distribution).  As listed, this fileserver sends back at most one
    file per request, it ignores the body of incoming mails, the
    Subject: line has to look like "Subject: send file
    the_file_you_want" (the blanks are significant),

In your case, I think you want "EGR=|formail..." for starters.