resume night b4 Stammtisch

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Aug 19 01:40:49 MST 2015

Am 18. Aug, 2015 schwätzte Alan Pratt so:

moin moin Alan,

> I am an IT manager. When I have a position, the HR department scours
> several sources for candidates the meet the criteria and requirements and
> presents the resume of potentials to me. A resume is an absolute
> requirement and needs to be complete, concise, accurate and is your face to
> the hiring manager before you even get an interview.

If you're hiring in October we'll be having a jobs networking event before
Stammtisch :).

ciao,

der.hans

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Stephen M <smelheim85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Jerry. Although yes it is good to have some type of
>> presence online you still need a resume.While social media has gotten
>> bigger over the last few years nothing beats telling someone about
>> were you been like a resume.  I have a Linkdin profile and I will
>> change it once in a while but I also update my resume every month or
>> 2.  Just depends on what you are looking for.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Jerry Snitselaar <dev at snitselaar.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Even with those I think you still need a resume to pass along into
>>> their system once the process starts. At least that was the case for
>>> me with Oracle and Red Hat.
>>>
>>> If I was searching, I would probably tailor my resume to the position
>>> while my Linkedin profile wouldn't change.
>>>
>>> Jerry

>> --
>> Stephen Melheim
>> 602-400-7707
>> SMelheim85 at gmail.com

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
#  are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
#    --Albert Einstein