OT: Strong wireless signal on phone won't connect??

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Sat Aug 1 13:23:40 MST 2015

Many router given with service from phone and cable providers limit the
number of active connections.  If the max is hit, and none of the
connections have been idle within a certain amount of time, the connecting
device will behave exactly like that.  It will appear to connect (because
for all intents and purposes it did when it authenticated) but fails to
create a session on the router.  So, it drops.  If another device has been
idle for longer than the idle timeout, the newly connected device will
obtain a session be dropping the idle one... after all, it's not really
using it.

It appears to the end user like a mystery fix.  A real fix is to not use
the crappy freebie router, and go down to Staples and get a Linksys, or
Dlink router that does not restrict usage.

Kevin