the super key + R key scam

David Lopez lopezdavid123 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 20:16:29 MST 2015

all

i had a call saying my computer was spewing confidential data all over the
net, or at least to this guys computer. he said to prove it, log in to my
computer and press the windows key plus the R key. well, well, the
conversation went down from there... total scam.

at any rate, on my ubuntu box, if i press the window key for a couple of
seconds, a new wiindow pops up with a handy key shortcuts. but now on rev.
1410, it also overlays a small icon over the left hand icons starting from
the second icon to the 12th icon. the overlay is simply a number '1' to '9'
followed by a zero, then 'd'. anybody know why?

david

--
David López