Phone apps for setting up personal WiFi hotspots with lots of DHCP addresses?

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Tue Sep 23 17:54:56 MST 2014

Simple question: I'm looking to see if anybody knows of any mobile apps that run in either iOS or Android that support a "mobile hotspot" (or "personal hotspot") and allow more than 5 DHCP connections? Preferably up to 255, although 50 is about as many as I'd need.

What I'm looking for is the ability to configure a mobile device to support a micro-LAN where people in a meeting room can communicate through a single sub-net without having to rely on the facility's WiFI router (because they frequently block most ports) or an external router (if a phone or tablet works, why require another device?).

I don’t even need to get to the internet. It’s just a way for mobile devices to communicate with a single “host” device where everybody is sitting at the same meeting.

Thanks!
-David