what I heard... is it true?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sat Sep 20 13:04:31 MST 2014

I actually cheat with the battery. I leave it in as a battery backup in
case the power goes out....it shortens the life, but they become less
expensive as the laptop ages. But test them regularly - as they age and
can't hold a charge, they begin to heat up.

The cooling fan is a good idea....I keep my propped up in the back on a
piece of wood about 1.5" tall to help the air circulate. I can still type
on the keyboard like that.

Mark aka " The Cheapskate Computer Recycler". ;)