ot: problems

Jon Kettenhofen subs at kexsof.com
Sat Sep 20 03:36:03 MST 2014

I explained that earlier.  ethernet ports are vulnerable.  Wires pick up
from the air radio pulses generated by lightning and power surges.
This turns into voltage in the ethernet cable.  Not frequent but it can
happen.

Also, only a proper ups, not a surge protector, can protect you from a
brownout.

make sure you run your network cable, and your broadband cable (coax)
through a UPS for best protection. (as well as the AC plugs!)