what I heard... is it true?

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Fri Sep 19 13:28:09 MST 2014

I've been using these since the early 90's
http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-ISOBAR8ULTRA-Isobar-Protector/dp/B0000511U7/ref=pd_sim_pc_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=15XC2HF1XSAX68KHCHRV

Not cheap however I suspect they add to the longevity of my equipment.
The transformer outside my house exploded one afternoon 12 or so years
ago and my computer survived it.