OT - Open Source Business Intelligence Software

John J. Macey jjmacey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:57:06 MST 2014

Paul / Trent,

THX guys for those responses. Actually, I was thinking more in the
direction of Business Intelligence
<http://opensource.com/business/14/6/three-open-source-business-tools>,
or Web Site Scraping <http://scrapy.org/>. The direction I am going in
is to find something out there, versus parse data, on an existing data
base. If, that makes sense to the both of you. Or, do I have it all
wrong here?

The project I am working on is to find possible candidates, with a
European partner, for the bolt-on acquisition of a certain type of
Biotech company. He ran a NASDAQ listed company, and I worked directly
for him. We've run the gamut, of our global contacts, and are looking to
dig deeper. That, at several levels.

To be honest, we always relied up IT, but probably never asked the right
questions. Or, vice versa. See the conundrum here?

If you've got any other ideas, please do get back to me. I've been
running Linux forever. The reason was simple. I got tired of playing M$
S/W Engineer, and being asked, in Taiwan, or other countries, to insert
my original M$ CD. LOL!

THX again for your time!

John