OT - Open Source Business Intelligence Software

John J. Macey jjmacey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:51:53 MST 2014

Hi All,

A bit of a background here. I was out in AZ, a much senior student @
ASU, and a 2 time visitor at the PLUG. Because of family circumstances,
I had to return to New Jersey to attend to an elderly Mother.

I work as a consultant in the Biotech / Life Science / Medical Device
field. The general background is here
<http://www.jjmacey.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=59>.

I deal with projects, that now involve gathering / scrapping / data
mining / gathering business intelligence. Basically, this is global, and
I'd thought I'd ask here in the PLUG. The data mining is not in regard
to an enterprise, or a vast supply of stored data. I've looked into
creating APIs, Google+, etc., etc. So, I am not throwing this question
out there lightly.

Does anyone have experience with any of the open source business
intelligence tools? Funny thing is, I had found something simple about
20 years ago. Things have changed. LOL!

Thanks in advance for any responses.
--

John